FAQs & Help section
Please find our frequently asked questions when deciding to purchase one of our mystery games.
The game consists of 3 rounds which will typically last between 30 - 45 minutes each depending on breaks for drink and food. The voting will then commence and the solution read aloud. The Winner will be the individual(s) that guesses the murderer and in the quickest time.
Round 1: Mingling
Typical for most games, at this point, the Murderer finds out who they are. Only the Murderer is allowed to lie; everyone else is instructed to bluster, change the subject, and so on, but always tell the truth.
· The Detective's speech will be played or read.
· Everyone should have been sent their character booklets.
· Players will liaise with each other based on questions and information within their Round 1 character booklets.
· Round 1 will end when the characters have discussed all of the background info within their Round 1 Character Booklet.
Round 2: The Motive
· The Round 2 Detective speech will be played or read.
· The Round 2 Evidence will be revealed and reviewed by players.
· Players will liaise with each other based on questions and information within their Round 2 character booklets and ask questions to try and figure out who the murderer is.
· Only the murderer is allowed to lie; everyone else is instructed to bluster, change the subject, and so on, but always tell the truth.
· Allow 30 minutes for sharing facts about everyone’s motives.
Round 3: The Method
· The Detectives Round 3 speech will be played or read.
· Players will review and analyse any Round 3 Evidence.
· Players will liaise with each other based on questions and information within their Round 3 character booklets, asking questions to try and figure out who the murderer is.
· Allow 30 for sharing facts about the evidence.
· Remind players that they need to talk to all players.
· The Detective's closing speech will be read or played.
· Players will fill out the Game Ballot with their guess on who the murderer is.
· Mark the time, then put the ballots some place where they cannot be changed.
· Do NOT reveal the results at this time.
“The Solution” cannot start until all players have voted!
· Gather everyone together.
· Direct 2 or 3 players to make accusations if they want; innocent players will give an alibi; the Villain will confess.
· If no one identifies the Villain and motive, the Detective’s accusation will be read.
This is not a problem as long as you ensure the Murderer is kept in play. As the host you may wish to play some of the other characters yourself to make up numbers or simply remove characters from the game. If you would like to remove characters from play from the 8 player game but do not wish to know who the murderer is, please contact us.
As soon as you have checked out you will be shown a Download link to download all of the digital & printable files needed to host your Murder Mystery Game.
You will find a Host Guide, Evidence Booklet, Character Packs, Game Ballots and the Evidence. All of these can be printed or sent our digitally to your guests.
Yes, all of our Murder Mystery Games are delivered to you digitally meaning you can send the packs straight out to your guests and host your muder mystery game via Zoom, Skype or other Video Conference software.
Our games are aimed for adults but can be played by players 13+.
We design are games to be suitable for all genders, there is a mix of Gender Neutral, Male & Female characters for you to allocate to your guests.